Requirement: Each LEA school employing an individual with an LEA-Specific license will prominently post the following on the school’s website: 

  • Disclosure that the school employs individuals holding an LEA-Specific educator license, license areas, and/or endorsements;

    • Although we prefer to employ teachers that have a professional teaching license, from time to time depending on the content and the need, it is necessary to employ a teacher who has an Associate Educator License or an LEA-Specific License.

  • An explanation of the types of educator licenses issued by USBE (Professional, Associate, LEA-Specific); Educator Teaching License Information

    • LEA-Specific License:  An LEA-Specific educator license, including areas of concentration and endorsements, is issued by the state board at the request of an LEA’s governing body (i.e.-local school board) that is valid for an employee to fill a position in the LEA if other licensing routes for the applicant are untenable or unreasonable. The LEA governing board agrees to provide the documentation and support outlined in the Utah Office of Administrative Rules  R277-301-7: LEA-specific Educator License Requirements(External Web Content).

    • Associate Educator License:  The AEL is for anyone who wants to become a Utah teacher, but has not completed an educator preparation program (university-based or alternate program). Please be aware that an AEL is a temporary, non-transferable license. 

    • Professional License: A professional educator license, license area, or endorsement is valid for five years.  It requires that an educator has a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution or skill certification in a specific CTE area and one of the following: a recommendation from the board-approved preparation program or a standard educator license in the area issued by a licensing jurisdiction outside of Utah that is currently or is renewable consistent with Section 53E-6-307

  • Percentage (based on FTE) of types of licenses, license areas, and endorsements held by educators employed in the school;  

  • A link to the Utah Educator Look-up Tool.